I’m 30. T-H-I-R-T-Y. How did this happen? 😫 I still feel like I’m 18 if I’m honest. 16th August 2018, the year I turned 30 and what a year it has been… but that’s a story for another day. I thought I’d feel massively different but I don’t, the only difference is that now I feel like I want to do more. I popped up a little poll on Twitter with some of my post ideas, and this one was the winner so here it goes… 30 things before I’m 30. I guess this is just my take on a weird ass bucket list.
I ALWAYS see posts about 20 things before this (which makes me feel old ngl) but I thought I’d do something a tiny bit different. A post containing 30 things I want to do now that I am 30, things I never got the chance to do. I haven’t had the best life tbh, there have been LOADS of things I’ve never done, or had the opportunity to do. But I feel like now is the time to change that!
Here are 30 things I want to do now that I’m 30 (some of them have already been crossed off though as my recent holiday helped me out a bit) They aren’t in any particular order, and they don’t have a time limit – although if I could do them all within the next year that’d be fab.
- Tattoos. I don’t have ANY! I’ve always liked the idea of them, but I’m just worried I’m going to either hate the way it’s been done, or after a week I’m going to be bored of it. I’m going to start small though, maybe just a little one on my wrist? The ultimate one that I LOVE is the underboob tattoo, I feel like my tiddays are the right size for this (i.e. small haha)
- Piercings… again I’m just a sheltered kid. Only got my ears pierced, too much of a wimp to do anything more. I really love the piercings the lovely Lydia Millen-Gordon has, so I *might* try some ear piercings! Would I ever go any further? Probs not.
- Weekend away abroad. I’d just love to go on a little long weekend break, a couple of places I’m thinking are Amsterdam or Barcelona to start. Any other recommendations or posts on these places? LEAVE EM IN A COMMENT, I’D LOVE TO READ EM!
- Hit my gym goals. I’ve recently found a new love for working out, I used to hate it, but it literally does my body so much good (digestive problems n dat) and tbh I want to be able to feel good in my own skin. Stay tuned to see if I keep this promise to myself!
- Blog consistently for the next year. WOAH, big commitment for me haha… I blog on and off so much and I’m sick of it. I wanna be a good little blogger, it’s a hobby I’ve always loved.
- Get my teeth fixed. I want them whitened and I also have a tiny gap in my lower teeth at the front, that does my head in. The dentist thought it’d be cool to take out my *baby* tooth that I don’t think was a baby tooth and give me braces, which did fuck all.
- Go to a spa. Never been. And tbh I bloody deserve a pamper weekend.
- Swim in the ocean, like out at sea, no touching the bottom. DONE THIS ONE! It was terrifying, but I did it so YAY me. ✔️
- Learn to snorkel. Another one I’ve checked off the list! ✔️
- Go on a long haul flight. Went to NY and didn’t panic! ✔️
- Go on a cruise. Did it last month! LOVED IT! ✔️
- Learn to do something like skateboarding or riding a bike. Just purely because I don’t do stuff that scares me, and I wanna change that!
- Learn to juggle. Ryan has tried teaching me a couple of times, and I’ve managed the full loop (3 balls) a few times. It just looks cool and I wanna do it.
- Pay off all my debts! I don’t have an awful lot now to be fair as I’ve spent this year sorting it out (yay to ex-boyfriends who leave you in the shit)
- Learn how to lay flooring. My dad can do it. My sister can do it. I wanna be able to do it too. My room is overdue a massive makeover, so I’m going to be sorting this one out pretty damn soon.
- Save enough money to move out. After my breakup last year I had to move back home, which at 30 isn’t ideal, especially when you’ve had your own home previously.
- Run a successful side business with my gorgeous other half, we are both creatives so it’d be amazing to do something together.
- Crack Instagram. I love learning about social media, so be able to crack this platform would be fab. Any tips would be much appreciated. Cheeky plug: www.instagram.com/emloulemon
- Sort out my diet. I had my gallbladder removed a couple of years ago and my digestive system is fucking awful. Bloating, bad skin, toilet *ahem* problems. I need to eat a horrendous amount of fibre, but it’s bloody hard to do.
- Go a month without crying. I’m a rather sensitive sausage, and I let stuff get to me, A LOT. Changing my outlook is something I’m working on, after so many years of just having a bad time, that’s kind of all I’m used to. The concept of happiness scares me sometimes.
- Drive on the motorway. I’ve done a dual carriageway alone now, meltdown included, but I did it. I don’t like driving, but I’d like to be able to say I can drive places if I need to!
- Make more friends. I’ve kind of lost everyone I was close to, which is quite upsetting. My former best friend, is now besties with my lying ex-boyfriend’s sister, so that’s lovely 🙂
- Buy myself a designer item. An odd one, yes, but I’d like to be able to use my hard earned ££ to buy myself something really nice as a treat. I’m thinking a Gucci belt or shoes to start 💁🏼♀️
- Train my dogs, well re-train. When I lived alone they were amazing, well-behaved little sausages. Years of living with people who encouraged them to be dickheads has just ruined it for me. I have two staffys, and I’m a petite 5ft girl… picture me trying to walk them both at the same time when they’re misbehaving 🙂
- Get a job as a Graphic Designer. DONE! ✔️ I’m now working as a designer, something I never thought I’d be able to say. Your age doesn’t matter, if you want something, you’ll get there eventually!
- Go to a concert. Recently ticked this one off my list, I went to see Logic. Which was pretty good! ✔️
- Read more books. Learn more stuff. I want to start reading more, listening to more podcasts and learning more. About everything, life, design, social media.
- Sell my artwork in person. If you follow me on twitter/insta you’ll know I run Ink Art Love – a little hand lettering biz. I so badly want to get the courage to make some prints/products and sell them at a craft fair. How AMAZING would that be?
- Repair my relationship with my parents. Right now, it’s not great, and it hasn’t been for a while… I’m not really sure why, but I’d like to be able to say I can go a week without there being some massive argument or disagreement.
- Work with more brands, in terms of my blog and my lettering. This year is all about working hard, and making changes.
If you read this, then WELL DONE, you’re amazing! What are some things you want to achieve this year? Have you got a bucket list?
Also, I want to just say, if you’re a younger person reading this, which won’t be hard as I’m now a dinosaur compared to most bloggers. Don’t ever give in to this pressure of getting stuff done by a certain age, everyone’s life, struggles, achievements come at different times. It doesn’t matter if you land your dream job at 20, 30 or 40, what matters is that you get there. I’ve only JUST got a degree and the job I want after years of dreaming about it. Does it matter to me that I haven’t been doing it for the past 5 years? No, not at all. All that matters is that I’m doing it now, and that I’m working to change the other things on my list that will improve my life. Keep working hard, it’ll come eventually 🙂